New Platform IV

Tonight I used an acrylic wash on the platform’s brickwork to represent mortar. For the wash, I diluted FolkArt Wicker White acrylic paint in water then added a few drops of dish soap to reduce the surface tension. Then I painted several coats over the brick. Most of the acrylic ran into the spaces between bricks, but some remained on the surface, which gives a nice “chalky brick” appearance.

Photos never do the mortar justice–it practically disappears in just about every photo I tried to take, but here goes:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s