After sanding the fascia to smooth everything down and prepare it for primer, I decided to finally add a curve over the corner of the backscene panels. This will allow me to lay the printed backscene without a fold, adding to the illusion of panorama.
I have been racking my brain for a way to add the curve, and have read other blogs from modelers who have used sheet metal, plasticard, foam, and wood. These were all viable options but seemed a bit out of my league.
Then I had a “eureka” moment when I pulled the backscene out of the cardboard shipping tube. I cut out a 90-degree portion of the shipping tube, trimmed it just shy of the height of the backscene panels, glued it into the corner, and topped it with a small wedge of 1/4″ plywood which I filed down to match the curve. I added wood filler to the edges of the cardboard, then sanded it all down. Here’s the result: